Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Next is NOW: Young, Black and Fabulous

Natasha Eubanks: YBF Creator Chosen for Black Enterprise's 'Next Is Now' Cover Story
By
Bridget Bland
Natasha Eubanks, founder and CEO of the popular black celebrity blog Young Black and Fabulous -- more commonly known as TheYBF.com -- joins three other young entrepreneurs on the cover of the January 2010 issue of Black Enterprise magazine.
The monthly black business periodical chose to profile its "BE Nexters" -- young professionals all under 35 -- making moves in their respective fields. Eubanks, who launched her blog in 2005 after noticing a lack of African Americans featured on gossip sites, had aspirations of being a lawyer.

"I didn't even really know what a blog was when I started YBF. I was just playing around the 'net, filling my boredom of my hostess job at the Olive Garden and waiting on [law] school to start," she shared.

In her feature story for BE, the former aspiring lobbyist revealed how her parents discouraged her from abandoning her Loyola Law School endeavors.
"My mom was like, 'Oh, no, no, no, there's no money in that. ...My parents thought it was a really bad move."

But against her parent's urgings, she decided to try it anyway.

To read the entire story, go to:
AOL Black Voices

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin