Saturday, May 15, 2010

Zolra's Corner: The Debate Regarding A Bag of Dorritos


If you have to complain about a bag of Dorritos, then something must be wrong with you.

The same day I was buying a honey bun because I didn't feel like cooking, this incident happened. I walked up to the front desk with my bag and money ready. In front of me was this man that was still deciding what he wanted to buy. He didn't look homeless or anything. He looked like he was coming right out of a law firm. Just looking down at his alligator shoes made me think he was rich. I remember being at the mall, staring at the shoes. They are not cheap.

$1200









While I was waiting for my turn, I suddenly hear some shouting going on right in front of me. I saw the man complaining with the owner of the store about the price of the chips. He felt like the price was too high. During the argument, I was talking to myself in the back of my head because I couldn't believe what was happening in front of me.


"It's just thirty cents man," I said internally.

This was the first time that I ever heard someone complain about thirty cents worth of Dorritos. I knew that he could afford. If you are wearing thousands of dollars worth of clothes, then you can buy one of the cheapest items in the world (right next to Lollipops, which cost 25 cents).

Once the debate was over, he decided to pay the full price. He pulled out a $100 dollar bill and said "Keep the change." He stormed out of the store without talking to anyone. Just looking at that made me laugh so hard internally, I felt like I was going to bruise my aorta. Never in my life did I ever see a argument regarding a bag of Dorritos that was worth thirty cents.

1 comment:

algie said...

this is why god does not like complainers

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin