Monday, March 15, 2010

Help Begging Brother Chris Brown Out


Chris Brown has begged his fans to help make him "relevant" again.

The R&B star was sentenced to five years' probation and six months' community labour after he admitting punching, biting and choking his ex-girlfriend Rihanna in a car in February 2009. He was also barred from contacting the singer for five years and told to attend domestic violence classes for 52 weeks.

Since the assault Chris' career has plummeted. He struggled to fill venues when playing a series of shows last year, and lashed out at the industry on his Twitter page claiming stores weren't even stocking his new record.

The 20-year-old has now recorded a message for his fans on SayNow.com, a website which lets artists speak to those who follow them. "Hey what's up y'all it's CB. Um... well I ain't ever really did this but right now I just need all of my fans' help. I need all of the fans I have, I need your help," he says. "It's crazy because a lot of radio stations aren't playing my records. They're not being as supportive - and I wouldn't expect them too. But, in everything you guys do you have the power to bring me back because that's all I need. You guys, no one else can do that expect the fans."

Chris explains he has done everything he can to try and kick-start his career, and doesn't know what other steps he can take. He insists he is only in the industry for his fans, and hopes they can help him

"I don't know what else to say, there's nothing else I can do, I'm doing everything I need to do. I'm a better guy. But it's on ya'll because my singing and my music, I do it all for y'all and the love and everything else," he says. "But it won't be possible if I'm not relevant on the radio and it won't be possible for me to be an artist if I don't get support from people who give artists as outlet. I can't be an underground mix-tape artist! And so, that's where we are. I just want all my fans to help me. I love you, peace."

What I find ironic about the story is I recently was thinking about how Chris’ career was entering “Shitville” and if I were his manger I would not have advised him to release an album so soon. He should have spent his time this past year speaking with other young men his age who have been charged with similar crimes and doing other community service projects outside of what he was required to do. Now is the time to save face without throwing it up in everyone’s face what you are doing. We don’t need you tell us you have done all you can do or point out every good deed you have done since last February, did you really think that you would survive the punishment so easy? All I can say is Chris I hope you made decent grades in high school, because you may need to apply for college so that you can have a degree to fall back on. It appears that your career is a wrap!

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin