Thursday, February 18, 2010

Notes from Nathan: Dear Oprah


ust over a year ago, I spent two months in one of my favorite parts of the world, Cape Town, South Africa.  While in Cape Town, I produced my very first docu-real-short film.  The film is called Dear Oprah.  At the time, I was blessed with amazing resources that allowed me to see my dream come to reality.  I was connected to some of South Africa's heavy hitters, from an events facilitation company owner to the owner of Cape Town's number one pizza chain to boards of directors of non-profit organizations.  Bottom line is that it all started with an idea to make a difference in the lives of young adults.

Upon my return to America, I had very high hopes for this little film.  I just knew that I would get full support from my friends and family in getting this film in front of Oprah Winfrey.  A campaign was created to have people email her people, a trailer was posted online and many emails were sent out seeking support.  After a number of tries, I grew defeated and put the film on the back burner.  It has since collected dust in my room.

As I comb the streets of New York City,  I often times see young boys chasing girls and young girls toting babies before they have finished high school.  I ask myself, where is the leadership and have I given up.  I concluded that I had given up.  I had lost my sense of purpose.  My mission in life is to have a positive impact on the leaders of tomorrow and to show them that they are leaders TODAY!  My commitment has been resuscitated and I am ready to take on my challenge with new passion and power.

On March 4th, I will be delivering Dear Oprah as an online web series.  The series will air in five parts and new episodes will appear either once a month or when there are 2000 views, so whichever comes first.  I hope to get as many views as possible so please tell everyone you know to tune in.

Create a Sevenly day!

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin