Monday, February 8, 2010

Delvon's First Love




When you think of a first love most people name someone they fell for in high school or college; well Delvon Johnson is attempting to change that and teaching readers that you must first LOVE you in order to LOVE anyone else. I had the opportunity to get the talented authoress to answer a few questions about love of course, his new book, and upcoming projects right before his star studded galebrity birthday celebration “Famous and Fabulous!”

1. Who/What inspired you to right your own novel?

I was deeply in love with someone, who ultimately left me with nothing. I was stuck with a fabulous home, bills and no income to pay for it. I was so angry and upset, that I needed a way to channel my anger. That is how Love Yourself was born. I also remember reading E. Lynn’s books, and thinking to myself, I can write a book! My plan was to publish a book so fabulous that it would bring my ex running back to me begging to take me back because of its success. If you look in the acknowledgements, I thank him for taking me through what he did, because if he hadn’t, my book wouldn’t exist. By the way, he’s the character Corey in my book "Love Your Self First!"

2. Where would you like to see your work get you to?

Well, I would like the book to be a New York Best Seller, of course. I would also like to make a movie or a TV series out of it. Currently, the screenplay is being worked on to make that dream a reality!

3. What other projects are you developing?

Currently, I am working on a play, which, God willing, will be an Off Broadway success, and will take me into the big leagues. It’s called Cybersex. I have also completed the sequel to Love Yourself First, which is called Follow Your Dreams To The Stars. It will be out by November 2010 It’s third part, Undercover Lover, has also been completed, and should hit shelves some time in spring 2011. I am also trying to get a casted for a Showtime TV series, called Flesh to Flesh, scheduled to air Fall 2010!

4. How was your first love experience?

My first love experience was strange. He was from Delaware. I was 18 and he was 34. He had a foot fetish! It was full of drama, and I thought I was going to die when we broke up, but I quickly learned that love is a horse and when we fall off, we have to jump back on and try again.

5. What is your biggest pet peeve with a love interest?

My largest pet peeve with a love interest is a man being cheap. I am a giving person, so I expect my love interest to have the same gestures at heart. It’s not so much about their income, but it’s more about how much of what little they have that they are willing to sacrifice to show me how much they love me.

6. How does it feel to be a cupid baby?

It’s a cute feeling. It’s funny because if I am seeing someone around Valentine’s day, usually they have to get me gifts for both occasions. It’s almost like having two holidays in the same week!

7. How do you learn to love yourself first?

Treat yourself. Go out to dinner alone and have a 5 course meal. Learn to enjoy spending time to yourself and eventually you will find yourself very comfortable in your own space. If you find something that you love to do unconditionally, it will replace that empty feeling that you need a man in your life and fulfill it. For me, that’s writing. For others, you have to find your niche and stick with it.

8. Describe the love that the LGBTQ community is missing?

The LGBTQ community is missing the unconditional love that we should all have for one another. I am just coming out on the scene as an author, and this life can be crazy. We, as a community need to stop being shady to one another and embrace our talents and share them. There is so much money to be made with the talents that we posess. Sometimes, we as individuals can’t see that because our heads are too far in the clouds. If we learn to stop judging each other, and know that we are all in the same boat, trying to make it, we can go a long way. We need to enjoy life and the blessing that God gives us and stop taking ourselves so seriously. The sooner we can get beyond that, the quicker all of our problems as a gay community will be solved.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great interview! Now I know just a little bit more about Delvon. Love love love!

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin