Thursday, November 19, 2009

Notes from Nathan: I don't know what to say


re you one of those people who want to say something to someone else but are sometimes at a loss for words?  Well, I'm here to tell you that if you know the English language, there is no such thing.  People have been saying that they are at a loss for words for as long as I can remember and my take on that is.  SAY IT OUT LOUD and work through it.  I have found that saying what you feel out loud, breaks the ice and it also put the other person at ease.  We get caught up in wanting to say the right thing in our daily situations, and there really is no 'right thing', we put too much pressure on ourselves.  Don't overthink!

If you are in a situation and you seek to gain the attention of the other person, take the risk and approach that person.  Have fun with it.  Start with a joke or a compliment.  Ask them how they are doing.  We live in a world that is fastly changing our social skills.  I recently found out that young adults aren't learning the art of manuscript.  I learned how to write in the 2nd grade.  I was told that since we have emails and texting, that the students don't need to learn to write.  That's a no pass for me.  How will these young people grow up to crafting their signatures to sign their checks?  Will the art of letter writing someday be a thing of the past?

The next time you are 'at a loss for words'...  Simply make your way through it by saying "I would really like to have a conversation with you, I don't care what it's about but I'm starting with "Hello!"


I challenge you to begin new conversations with people you don't know.  You may learn something new about yourself and definitely the other person.  Get out there and have fun!  LIVE!



No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin