Friday, October 9, 2009

Zolra's Corner: The September Issue Makes Me More Driven



Months ago, I made a promise to myself that I have been keeping to myself. Even to this day, I kept that promise. When you have a dream, you have to go for it. Don't let anything or anyone stop you from pursuing it. It's this large rush of adrenaline that won't go away.

I said to myself "I want to be the best writer in the world."

Not just be a writer of books of fiction and nonfiction, but I want to write magazine articles, songs for other artists, blogging for several websites, screenplays, etc. I have a lot of things I want to pursue (acting, modeling, hosting), but writing is going to be the number one thing that I won't stop doing. I want to be mostly remembered because of my writing.

One of the things I like to write about is fashion. The fashion industry itself is like living in another world. You have to live in style, flexible work ethic, tough skin, health and fitness, and many more. It's a great topic to write about. Whenever I am writing about fashion, I have this drive to learn about it nonstop using my writing. Once I saw this documentary, the drive inside of me reached another level.

I recommend this documentary to any fans of fashion. The September Issue is a documentary about the workers at one of the top magazines in the world: Vogue. It also surroundings Anna Wintour's life personally and professionally. She is the editor-in-chief at Vogue. In this documentary, the workers come together to put the finishing touches on this issue. At Vogue, the September Issue is the January of the magazine.





Once I saw this film, it brought me back to the times when I saw The Devil Wears Prada for the first time. It wasn't because of the thought of how our bosses are really like. It was the feeling of watching what is it like working for one of the top magazines in the world. By the time, I saw this documentary, it proved my point. It's not easy working for a magazine, especially when it comes to making a 2007 issue that is a record breaking 840 pages.

As the film progresses, you see into the lives of the Vogue Elite, and the making of one of the greatest fashion magazines, and the only person who dares to stand up to Anna Wintour, Grace Coddington, a former model turned creative director. What a brave individual with great creativity and a beautiful friendship.

For fans of fashion, go see this documentary. By the time you see this movie, you will feel like doing something related to fashion 10 minutes later. Or you will order your own copy of the 2007 September Issue.

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin