Thursday, August 23, 2012

Three Things I Already Love About New York City


It’s been officially two months since this individual named Roque Caston has moved to living his life in New York City. That person is me.


I first want to say that there is no city like New York City. Even though it’s been two months, I feel like I married the city in record breaking time. I went through the emotional love-hate relationships that the average New Yorker has with this city. I fought through and it just proved that I’m here to stay in the city.
So because of my love for this city, I like to share three things I like about New York. This is through the eyes of a New York rookie.

Walking Equals Exploring

You can never get bored of this city. Because of the fact that it’s a big city, there are so many things you can explore around this city. I remember getting tired of one particular side of the city and wanted to explore more. Then once I started walking up a few more blocks and onto a new Avenue, I found myself being inspired by the city again. So even though you get tired of one section of the city, there are plenty more explorations you can do. A friend of mine still surprises me that he knows every single borough of New York and he’s only twenty-eight years old.

The Diverse Citizens

I’m not afraid to admit that I sometimes spy on people. When I’m walking down the street and I hear someone having an interesting conversation on their phone, I get as close as I can to listen. I even look at the ones sitting down and see how they interact with each other. From lawyers in their business suits to the casual family having a slice of pizza at the park, I’m so intrigued at the variety of characters that are living in this city. It’s like a sitcom episode on every block, no matter if it’s good or bad.

Pizza, Pasta, And Bread

I couldn’t resist talking about this. I love Italian food and I’m so glad New York City is extreme with those foods too. I love those one dollar pizza shops that you see on a block every now and then. I love to see the variety of marinara sauces on display at grocery stories. And finally, I love The Bread Factory. They sure as hell make some of the best bread I’ve ever had in my life. This is probably one of the main reasons why I’m staying in New York City forever.

I can’t express enough how happy I am to be living in the city of my dreams. I’ve been thinking about this for a long time. Now that we’re here, I’m happy to be here. Time to explore more! Go New York City!

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin