Thursday, August 2, 2012

I ask myself why?

It's been a while since I've blogged about what's going on in my world without editing my thoughts. I would tell myself over and over again that I should blog because once upon a time it was such a great outlet for me.


I made a declaration today to commit to writing on this thing every day for the entire month of August. Even as I type this, I am confronted because I really want to share my world with you with authenticity. Now, I can't promise that everything you read will make sense, remember, I'm doing this as an exercise.


Finding one's truth isn't the easiest thing in the world. I've been blessed to have people in my life who believe in me and empower me to become a better person.


The other day when someone asked me what I was committed to, I didn't have a solid answer because I really didn't know.  I know what I need to do to make it through my days and my nights, but what am I committed to?


After a few beats, I finally said... I'm committed to life and success. It's not the most focused commitment but it's mine and I know what it means to me.


One of the things that I am up to is Operation Wendy Williams. As I sat and stared at the image of her opposite my computer tears began to roll down my face. I was crying because there is no way in the world that woman could ever know that she saved my life.


But, I'm ready; ready to tell my truth, ready to share my life in a way that I've never shared before. Vulnerable. Raw. Uncensored.


Rambling will do us no good and since this is just my first day, cut me some slack. Like I said, I have no clue how this whole thing is going to end.


My writing coach is going to kill me because I am supposed to be finishing the edits on the sequel to my first novel, My Turn


My goal is to get Hollywood Burn out by the one year anniversary of My Turn which is October 7th.  I have it in my mind that Wendy and I will be face to face by then. My mission is to acknowledge her face to face for having such an impact on my life. Had it not been for her, I have no way of knowing whether or not I would even be here to tell of my journey.


Thank you again Wendy Williams, for saving my life!


Stay tuned, I have 29 more days of sharing to do.


Nathan

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin