Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Arts.Advocacy+Wellness: "Grounding in self"




GROUNDING IN SELF


"I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought, there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do."
-Frida Kahlo


After reading this quote of Frida Kahlo's it triggered a memory from my childhood.  I would sit in my room at night, gaze out the window count the stars, cause there were many, and wished for the same boy like me who felt like me, who had the same feelings I had, and wondered when I would meet him. I knew he was out there. Strange, like me.  My dream was to find him.  My heart would ache because I knew he was out there, even in the stars, I knew he was there, even if he was just 1, he was there and I thought to myself then, "I'm gonna search for him."

Staying Grounded in self today.

FYI:  I will be performing scenes from my 1-man play 
"Shadows & Lights" 
at the 
XIX International AIDS Conference

Tuesday, July 24
7PM - 7:30PM
Global Village Mainstage
FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Walter E. Washington Convention Center 
801 Mount Vernon Place NW 
Washington, DC 20001 



Check out this expert of "PUMP-PLIE-JUMP"





YouTube Channel: LifeJones77
ACTOR DEMO REEL: CLICK HERE



No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin