Thursday, January 19, 2012



What is your relationship to time?

Every now and then when people ask me how I am able to accomplish certain goals, I break it down by explaining to them my relationship to time.
We all have the same amount of time, however, a good number of us aren’t effective with it’s use. So many people complain that they don’t have enough, but my theory is that we all can get certain things done, we just have to make better efforts and be willing to make sacrifices.
  1. Make a list.  Keep the list at five items.
  2. Measure out how much time you think it’s going to take to accomplish the items on that list.
  3. Be willing to delegate. Often, we feel that we have to do everything on our own and we don’t. If you have an assistant or a trusty friend, ask for help. There is always someone out there who can provide space for you to check off one of the items from your list.
  4. Identify your distractions. One thing I had to become clear about was that I watched way too much television. I call television the dream stealer. I came to the realization that there really was nothing on television that I NEEDED that couldn’t be recorded and watched at another time.
  5. Learn to multitask! I know multitasking isn’t for everyone, but it’s a very useful skill. I have ADD so it works wonders for me to multitask and I get so much done in the course of a particular time span.
  6. Start early. If you get a decent night’s rest, you should start your plans early while your peers are still counting sheep. I made it a point to leave my house an hour earlier than usual just so that I could get to work with an hour to breathe and cross more off my list.
  7. Give yourself credit. So, you may not get to every item on the list, but give yourself a treat for crossing off the ones that you did. Remember without a list, you are just doing ‘stuff’.

Take a moment today and ask yourself… What is my relationship to time?

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin