Thursday, December 1, 2011

Analyze This: "All Back" by Chris Brown

By J9 of J9's MusicLife


Analyze This:  An in depth look at the lyrical content of a song to provide insight





"All Back"


If I had the moment
I'd capture that moment
You would be right here next to me
If I had the secret,
The secret to your love
I would place the treasure beneath my heart
Lock it all up,
And throw away the key
I would never give it up
Cause I was just a fool,
A fool for you
When I loved you so childishly

Chorus:  
And I want it all back
I want it all, I want it all,
I want it all back
I want it all back,
I want it all, I want it all
Girl I want it all
You never miss a good thing 'til it's gone,
I want it all, now I want it all (back)

If there is a green light
And it starts to turn yellow
Pedal to the floor,
Cause I know your heart is turning red,
If I had the minutes, I would turn 'em into hours
And make love to your mind not your body instead
I was just a fool, a fool for you
That didn’t know what I had until I lost you
Every single moment
That you’re not here
It's evident to me that everything just seems so clear

Chorus

Now everything isn’t everything
If everything, everything isn’t with you
And I want it all back
I want it all, I want it all, I want it all back
I want it all back, I want it all, I want it all
Girl I want it all
You never miss a good thing 'til it's gone,
I want it all, now I want it all.
Now I want it all back
Now I want it all back
Now I want it all back

J9's Analysis:  This is one of my favorite tracks of his album.  The song is so sincere, raw, and emotional.  The lyrics of the songs makes you wonder if it's meant for Rihanna.  I mean it makes sense. . . CB sings about regretting what he's done and desperately wanted to re-do the damage done to have that relationship back.  “You never miss a good thing, til it’s gone”. .  everyone knows this line all too well and if this is about RiRi, CB is probably punishing himself for ruining their relationship and losing a good girl (that apparently has gone bad, or should I saw naughty, especially in her new album Talk That Talk).  

CB’s delivery of the song is so heartfelt.  You can feel the pain and regret he feels as his pours his heart out.  Many things that he points out can apply to anybody.  He talks about loving so childishly, something that happens way too often when you make stupid mistakes due to immaturity and don’t realize what you did until you grow older and wiser.


To read the rest of the post, click here.

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin