Saturday, September 10, 2011

Does The D, B, and H Word Still Exist In The Profanity Dictionary?



You know the words I'm talking about. I am talking about the words "damn", "bitch", and "hell". Even though there are plenty of words that are cousins with these words, these three words have became the most debatable.

Everywhere I go, I see these words being used surreptitiously.

I remember sitting at a coffee shop, hanging out with my friends. We haven't seen each other in a very long time. It felt like a high school reunion seeing each other after being apart from months. In the beginning, it was just like old times. We were talking about the things we used to do during those four years back in school. Some were good times while some were bad times of course.

Then we started talking about what we were doing recently. That's when I saw the changes we each have gone through. They began using those three words in every sentence that came out of their mouths. There came a point when I thought I was on some type of secret reality show from the way they were cussing. There I was, sitting on the couch, trying to fall asleep by consuming large amounts of coffee. It was the only way I felt the cussing could stop entering my ears.

When I got home, I tried to get rid of the conversations I had with my friends by watching television. There was nothing going on but reality shows. It took me a while to realize that the conversations were just the same. Those three words were coming out like the lyrics to a rap song. The most surprising thing was that it was not getting bleeped out. The MF word, S word, or the F word alone will get bleeped out, but those three words are apparently excused.

I couldn't help but wrap my head around these things. Last time I remember, each of these words mean something that is very controversial. The B word, for example, is a negative word towards women. And yet, I am watching television, listening to numerous saying this word along with the others like it's normal.

In life, there are many different words in this world that we are trying to remove from our lives. They each contain a large amount of controversy and hatred towards wherever or whomever it's directed to. No matter what you try to do, it's not going to change the fact on what the word means. There is no way it can be positive. People say that a word has meaning when you give it meaning. Little do they realize that the word already have an original meaning, and it is very negative.

Now that these three words are beginning to be treated like a normal part of Webster's, I can't help but wonder. Does the D, B, and H word still exist in the profanity dictionary?

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin