Saturday, August 13, 2011

Is It Unusual Having A Normal Conversation With Your Pet?


I remember laying in bed with nothing to do. There were some not so good shows airing on television. I had a whole lot of things in my mind. Some of them were ideas for new material while the rest were tiny bits of stress.

Then I looked over to the other side of the bed and there I saw my dog staring at me like I had this weird look on my face. Without anything going on, I just decided to talk. I started talking to my dog, as if he was another human being. The one shocking thing is was that he didn't turn his head or anything. He kept on staring at me throughout the whole conversation.

Based on our body positions, he looked like a therapist and I was just lying on the couch letting out my true feelings.

It was a little shocking that he was listening carefully to everything I was saying. I eventually stopped talking and my dog just walked away seconds later. He went towards the living room, jumped on the couch, and went straight to sleep.

A few hours later, I began to think about our talk. The conversation I had with my dog made me think about the numerous people I've met that do like this.

There are people in this world that talk to their pets in different ways. We compliment them whenever we enter the house and they start jumping on our knees, showing you how happy they are to see you. We sometimes practice speeches around them, treating them like an audience member. When it's time to eat and they start begging for food we always talk (sometimes shout) to them, trying to get them away from the plate.

They are different ways we converse with our pets. But is it truly a normal part of our everyday life. When it comes to pets, is it unusual having a normal conversation with them?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Of course dogs understand English silly. How else do you think they respond to humans. They really do. Good article.

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin