Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sloppy Joes Are Your Emergency Bros.


There comes a time in everyone's life when your parent's cooking are not good for one week. If you have parents that cook every single day, then consider yourself lucky. You only have to deal with one horrible day when your parents didn't cook a good dish. As for the leftovers, you can secretly feed it to the dog. But there are some of us who has parents that cook a platter so huge, it could last for a full week.

Last week, my mom cooked a dish that I was avoiding the entire time. I never liked this dish when I was a little kid and I don't like it today. I am not going to say what it was. All you need to know is that I didn't want any of it to touch my mouth. If it did I would've vomited it out my mouth, grabbed the entire pot, dump it down the sink, and change the plumbing system, so that it could back up when my mom is taking a shower, and she could have it all for herself.

Because of my mom's decision at a one week meal, I was stuck with wondering what I was going to eat for the next five days. On the first day, I was full of worries. My money from the film I did didn't arrive yet and I just finished paying off a couple of bills. Then in comes the solution.

I was visiting a friend that needed help with a food drive. They needed me to help pass out the food to a group of people. The food they were giving was sloppy joes. Everyone was satified with the food they were given, but it appeared to be too much. There were still three dozen buns and a whole pot of meat left.

While questioning what to do with it, something occurred in my head. I love sloppy joes. I can eat them forever. My mouth can bite the bun, and let my tongue marinate in the meat forever. That's how good their sloppy joes were. I have eaten alot made by different people. They made the best.

In the end, we made the decision to give them to me. I got two sloppy joes a day without any conflict. It was an amazing solution for the both of us. They satisfied their refrigerators by clearing up more space, and I satisfied my hunger for a whole week. Five days have passed and I was still getting sloppy joes. There were just so much left and I was the only person who was willing to eat it all.

My advice to everyone is to never turn down sloppy joes. They might come in handy when you least expect it.

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin