Thursday, August 12, 2010


It's been a frustrating past few months.  This site has been a labor of love for me.  I've poured a great deal of energy into it along with my partners in media, but for some reason it hasn't caught on in the way that we had envisioned.  It made me start to process things differently and my conclusion was that number one, there are a great number of black men who don't read and number two if it's not gossip or mainstream, gay men aren't interested.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure we haven't always had the most interesting articles on the site, but we do give a different perspective on things.  We have reached out for contributors and hoped to make a difference in the black gay community.

I question where the leadership is in the black community and I can't help but to come back to club promoters.  Club promoters seem to be the only ones who can get a large number of black gay men to 'show up'.  Is that all we are about?  Partying.  Fashion.  Sex.  I was engaged in a conversation with someone recently (a gay white marketing executive) and he told me that according to major companies, black gay men don't exist, which is why there are no sponsorship dollars allotted to us.  I wasn't completely surprised, but he went on to say that black gay men don't provide any information about themselves so they don't know how to reach us.  It seems that the only way we can be tracked is to become infected but that's a whole other can of worms that I'm not quite ready to open right now.

All of this leads me to the question... What are we committed to?  Who are we committed to and quite frankly, I keep coming up with nothing.  Are we committed to each other?  I wonder.

2 comments:

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

Listen

ANYTHING WORTHWHILE ISNT EASY


ANYTHING WORTH HAVING IS WORTH WORKING FOR AND WAITING FOR.

THE GREEK PRIZED PERSEVERANCE OVER ANY VIRTUE OR CHARACTER TRAIT KNOWN TO MAN.

UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MUST CONTINUE WITH THIS HERE GREAT BLOG..SOME OF US ARE HERE. KEEP GOING...DO NOT LET YOUR STAR BURN OUT! KEEP GOING...IF YOU KEEP SHINING AS BRIGHTLY AS YOU ARE...THEY WILL COME.

JUST KEEP UP THE A+ WORK THAT YOU GUYS ARE DOING HERE AT THE FUTURE FORWARD! IT IS TRULY AN AMAZING PIECE OF WORK AND COULD BE EVEN MORE AMAZING IF YOU ALLOW IT TO LIVE AND BREATH FOR MUCH LONGER!

Fashion Blog Magazine said...

We are doing great things Nathan, yes we have all been busy in other areas of our lives, but so was Destiny Child, they all went off and did amazing things as solo artist and then came back and turned it once again as a group... We are all just on solo tours right now...

One think that I learned from several other bloggers while I was speaking during Miami is... STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE HATERS AND ONES WHO ARE NOT THERE... GIVE PRAISE TO THE ONES THAT ARE!!!

BE GRATEFUL FOR THE SMALL AND GOD WILL GIVE US SO MUCH MORE... I LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS AND things are going to explode for us ALL!!!

Dwight Allen O'Neal

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin