Thursday, July 7, 2011

Notes from Nathan: Give Yourself Credit

hat's up Future?  It's been a few weeks since I've posted.  As much as I love utilizing this interface as a sounding board to express myself and share it with the world, I've just been too darn busy.  By the grace of God, I landed a job where I can not only generate money, but I am also able to use my leadership skills and creativity.

On the train ride to work last Friday, I got into a conversation with this woman.  Articulate, attractive and touchy.  Every other sentence, she placed her hand on my forearm.  Initially, I was like "girl, you don't know me, back up!"  However, I allowed her to be herself on this short train ride.  She asked me to tell her about myself.  I was stumped because rarely does a total stranger to ask you about YOU.  Initially, I was going to paint this picture like I was just an average guy, but instead, I told her who I was.  I focused on my accomplishments during my lifetime because again, it's not very often that many of us toot our own horns, well, there are a select few and they know who they are.  At any rate, before I get long winded as many of you know I can do, it was just refreshing to hear myself talk about where I came from.  And I am proud of myself.  I get those moments where I'm like "God why me?", but then I ask, why not me.  I know I have a purpose for being here.  I just need to acknowledge it every now and then.  You should do the same for yourself.

Give yourself credit today.  Share with someone who you are.

Until next week...

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin