Saturday, April 10, 2010

Zolra's Corner: When Was The Last Time A Female Proposed?



Some people are shocked that I come up with most of my topics from movies like romantic comedies. I guess romantic comedies are not at the top of their list of favorite movie genres. I love romantic comedies. The inspirations flow when I watch a movie like that.

Just a few minutes ago, I remembered watching one of my favorite romantic comedies The Proposal, starring Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. But it wasn't until the romantic comedy Leap Year, starring Amy Adams and Matthew Goode came out that this question came into my head.

When the last time a female proposed?

The Proposal is a story of win Sandra Bullock's character Margaret forces Ryan Reynold's character Andrew to marry her in order to keep her from getting deported back to Canada. Aside from how the situation was handled, I remembered when Andrew asked Margaret to proposed the right way. It was the first time on screen that I ever see a female propose to a man.

Leap Year tells the story of Anna (Amy Adams), who travels to Ireland to propose to her boyfriend Jeremy (Adam Scott) on February 29, leap year, because according to Irish tradition, a woman can propose to a man on February 29 during a leap year.

Just watching me makes me start thinking. I need to see this happen in real life. I know this happens alot, but I want to see a female propose through my very eyes.

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin