Saturday, April 3, 2010

Zolra's Corner: Life Is Very Complicated



After my second day of filming my fifth movie, I finally got to the chance to see the romantic comedy It's Complicated. For most people that know me, I am a huge fan of romantic comedies. Through my eyes, they are the best movies ever made.

Due to my hard work, I wasn't able to see the movie the day it premiered. I thought theaters were closed on Christmas. But I guess some of them stay open. I finally managed to see the movie a month later after it premiered. Good thing I did because I had an amazing night watching the movie.

The movie centers around two people Jane (Meryl Streep) and her ex-husband Jake (Alec Baldwin). Jane owns a successful bakery in Santa Barbara, California. Jake is a successful attorney.

After ten years of separation and three grown kids, things look peaceful now between the two of them. They can look at each other and not be upset about the divorce. Jake has married a much younger woman named Agness (Lake Bell) who has a son. So it appears that Jane doesn't have to worry about anything between the two of them.

Then the tables turn when they attend their son's college graduation in New York. After alot of partying, dancing, and drinking, Jane and Jake accidentally sleep together in their hotel room. The affair brings back memories through Jake's head while Jane feels bad for sleeping with him. Part of Jane knows it is wrong, since Jake and Agness are still married and trying to have a baby; the other part of Jane relishes in being "the other woman" and continues the affair with Jake in Santa Barbara. Jake is just enjoying the clandestine sex and doesn't show much interest in Jane's growth as a person. So they decided to continue on with this affair, keeping it a secret from everyone, including the kids.

But during this time, a spark begins to light between Jane and her architect Adam (Steve Martin), who was hired to remodel her house. Adam is just went through a divorce. This evens out the field between the two of them.

What becomes of the outcome of the movie? You'll have to see the movie to find out.

As for my review. This is one of the best romantic comedies of the year. It is a feel good movie. It makes you think of your past relationships and wonder if that spark is still there. Then once you figure it out. Then you'll know if it's alright to try again or if it's time to move on.

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin