Thursday, March 18, 2010

Notes from Nathan: Are You Investing in YOU?

 
aving a disposable income has it's pluses and minuses.  In my experience of having 'extra money', I have to say that I haven't been the most responsible with my money.  When I grew up, there was no education about money.  They taught me English, Math, History, Science, Physical Education and more, but never was there a class called MONEY.  My grandmother gave me a few quarters to go buy candy, never did she say, one day you will end up with cavities that cost more than that candy.  My mother was instrumental in my saving habits, but it still wasn't enough.  When I look around at boys and girls in urban areas, all I see is bad habits taking shape.  As soon as they get some money, they run to the store and spend it on junk food.  They run to the mall to pick up the hoodie they saw in a Jay-Z video.  It's insanity at it's best.  But when do we break the cycle?

We are in an economic crisis yes we know, we are reminded practically everyday and it has people scared straight!

Do you think that if the media didn't remind us that things have gone haywire that you would continue doing things the way you are familiar?

Have you been paying closer attention to where your money is going?  Have you made a list?  Well it's time to start.  I am speaking specifically to my clubheads and bar hoppers right now.  Is alcohol and drugs an investment into your future?  Is that what you are committed to? Becoming an alcoholic or drug addict?  When was the last time you spent your money on personal growth and development? When was the last time you took a trip to someplace out of this country.  You only get one life and trust me from someone who knows, it's not in a cocktail, a blunt or a pipe.  We are living in a new age.  Now is the time to learn a new skill, even if you are working, it wouldn't hurt you to pick up a new language, learn a new software program, have your teeth cleaned for crying out loud! The liquor isn't going anywhere but your life is at stake! So do something!

Okay, I'm off of my soapbox.... for now at least.
Enjoy the rest of your Thursday!


No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin