Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I LOVE NY 17 of 28 Places to Visit

This week on my list is B. Café (Belgian Brasserie & Kitchen). If you love mussels like I do, then you’ll love B. Café located on Manhattan’s Upper Westside at 566 Amsterdam Ave.
With an extensive menu of authentic Belgian dishes, you’ll feel right at home, even if you’ve never been to Belgium…like me…Ha!

On this particular day, I was in search for the perfect batch of mussels to cure my craving appetite, and B. Café really hit the spot. I was floured and a bit overwhelmed by the many options of mussels that were offered, and eventually went with the Provencale which are steamed mussels covered in tomato fondue, garlic, and white wine. Did I mention that all servings of mussels come with your very own basket of seasoned potato fries? Yummy! Next time I plan to try the Hoegaardenly Garlic, which are mussels topped in hoegaarden (a Belgian beer), garlic, and parsley.

Well, since I was doing the Belgium thing, it would only make sense to go all out and have a beer. Not being an official beer connoisseur, I decided to take a leap of faith by ordering a Grimbergen Dubbel. I’m glad I tried the Grimbergen Dubbel because it was the best beer I’ve ever tasted. It’s a dark beer with a light and smooth bittersweet taste of raisin and toffee aroma, leaving that nice foam malt fuzz across your upper lip. It gave me that warm feeling like drinking a root beer float. The taste was that good!


Caring for a little more than mussels and Grimbergen Dubbel? Well definitely try out any of the main entrees such as the Hoegaarden Fish & Chips, Steak “Sainte Gilles,” Steak Frites “Belgique,” or the Chicken Vol au Vent, and check out the extensive list of beers, amounting to over 30 flavors. Prices range between $9 - $30.

Of course there’s more I can share, but how about you go and experience it for yourself, and definitely make it a family night.

B. Café
566 Amsterdam Avenue (between 87th and 88th Sts.)
New York, NY 10024
212.873.1800

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin