Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Arts.Advocacy+Wellness: "Giving Thanks to my hometown Richmond, VA""


Good A.A+W Wednesday,

The theme of this week is thanks giving, in honor of our holiday, and I'm looking forward to heading down to Richmond to spend time with my family.  What is about getting older that draws you closer to your family?  That thing that draws you back home?  
I remember as a teenager, wanting to get far away as possible from my family.  So far that my freshman year of college was lived in Syracuse, NY.  There was even a point where I didn't claim my Richmond roots 'cause I didn't want to be identified with the stigmas of the south.  Well, things come full circle, and with age comes wisdom, and
 I'm very proud and very thankful for my Southern roots and my hometown of Richmond, VA.  Still honoring D.C. as my second home, though this month is all about paying homage to Richmond, VA, my family, and the host of friends and neighbors who have helped shaped me to be the person I am today.  Every breath I take breaths Richmond, VA proudly.  My life may not have lined up the exact way I pictured it, I may have said some things and done some things way out of line, but I'm so thankful for my life.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.  

What about you?  What are you thankful for?  Is it the simple things, like home and family, that keep you grounded and at peace?  Sit with your thoughts for a minute and be thankful.

Wishing you much light on this A.A+W Wednesday.


Thanks for reading on this 
A.A+Wsome Wednesday.  
More to follow next Wednesday.
Now tune into Torya and Her Notes on Ubuntu
and for up to date information on my works and my journey with FlagBoy
follow me at: www.corneliusjonesjr.com or facebook:  Cornelius Jones Jr.

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin