Thursday, September 6, 2012

Expansion



After hitting the snooze button several times this morning, I asked myself what I was willing to do to expand myself. I couldn't quite answer that question, so I hit the button again, five times!

I had an appointment scheduled for 10am in Manhattan and it was already 9:20 in Brooklyn. In order for me to get to my appointment on time, I needed to take a car service. Normally, livery cabs swarmed the busy street but there were none in sight. Finally, after a few moments of frustration in the budding heat, I walked to the middle of the street and held out my hand. Like magic, a car appeared and raced to my rescue. It was 9:30 and I was petrified because I couldn't screw up my appointment.

I told the driver that I needed to be at my appointment by 10 and he said he would get me there sooner in his most arrogant Latin flavor. We bobbed and weaved through the Friday rush, getting me to my appointment with eight minutes to spare. I felt accomplished.

Fast forward to my leadership training course which was from 7pm until 11pm. Four hours of training and development. My commitment isn't only to myself, but I the people in my life currently and the people who will some day walk into my life. I'm committed to not allowing my circumstances to dictate how my life goes. I want to be the cause. I want to say.

Expanding myself requires me to play a bigger game. It requires me to step outside of my comfort zone and be accountable for something that will have me become a great leader.

Life is too precious to play small. I highly recommend looking at ones self on a regular basis and asking the question, how am I expanding myself. Take action to be your best self and you will be amazed at the results you achieve once you take a stand for yourself.

Nathan
www.nathansevenscott.com

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin