Thursday, April 28, 2011

Do You Have A Gay Uncle?


I am not really a family oriented person. However, I do happen to run into family gatherings when I walk around the city. I believe I have walked past more family gatherings than coming to my own family gatherings. When I walk past these family gatherings one thing always sticks into my brain. There is a gay uncle walking somewhere in the background. You don't have to think twice about that uncle. He is gay just from the looks and the actions.

In the beginning, I thought it was a little bit shocking. No matter what family gathering I walked past there was always that gay uncle in the background. You would normally think it's your brother or sister. Then later on, it turns out that it can possibly be your uncle. If you happen to have more than one gay family member that isn't your uncle, most people consider it either shocking or lucky. For some reasons, I don't know.

After realizing about this, I began to think about families in general. We have so many family members around our circle. There are some family members that are small enough for you to invite to a party, and eat only half of what you made off the barbecue grill. Then there are some families that have so many relatives that you can't even count. It's cases like that when you wish you bought yourself a mansion so you can fit all of them in there.

Families can disagree on so many things, but there is one thing that doesn't even need to be disagreeable. There is a gay member of your family. As you look closely at the family tree, the one family member that turns out to be gay is always the uncle. There are brothers and sisters as well in this category, but uncles are starting to go off the charts.

Once I stumbled this during my research, it got me thinking. Do you have a gay uncle?

1 comment:

Corey said...

I only had one uncle and he was definitely not gay. I did not know my great-uncles but as a genealogist I keep hoping that I will stumble across some hint, clue, photo, letter, legal document - SOMETHING that will say YES COREY, HERE IS YOUR GAY UNCLE (or ancestor).

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin