Saturday, March 19, 2011

You're Never Too Old To Find Love


I said this once and I will say it again. I am a fan of romantic comedies and buddy comedies. I don't care what time of day it is, or even if happens around night time. I will sit there in the theater and enjoy myself.

The one movie that I can't stop thinking about is Something's Gotta Give. It's a romantic comedy directed/produced/written by Nancy Meyers. This is one movie that stand out to me. It centers around the lives of two people who's combined age is near the triple digits. What surprised me was that I am young man who is just entering adulthood, and I could totally relate to what these older people were going through.

I sat there in my bedroom, watching every moment that this couple went through. Even though I was young, their stories touched me. Here is this guy that is a total bachelor. He dates these young women that are decades apart from him. Then after a traumatic heart attack, he stays at his girlfriend's house, where her mother happens to be living in at the moment in order to get some work done. The girlfriend leaves for work. So the two of them are alone. They become good friends at first, but they suddenly get close.

Sadly, they couldn't be together because one of them has never been in love. So he doesn't know how to cope with his feelings. Once he finally realized what love was he fought to get the girl of his dreams. I know it's a very unusual plot, but you can easily relate to this story if you pay close attention to it.

The one thing that I like about this movie is that I hope it puts an end to what people say about love. They always say that they will be lonely forever once they reached thirty. Teenagers say twenty years old is old. There are times when I just want to slap them in the face. I am turning twenty this year and I can't wait for it to come. As I get older, I feel the growth inside of me. I become more responsible and learned more than I thought I would in one year.

So for all the people reaching their twenties, thirties, fourties, and fifties, you are never too old to find true love. Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson's age was 125 combined by the time they received accolades from this movie. It's never too late for love to come into your life.

Below is the movie trailer of Something's Gotta Give





No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin