Saturday, February 5, 2011

Should You Date An Opposite Or Reflection Of Yourself?



When it comes to relationships people tend to fall for someone that is sort of like a reflection of their parents. Even though some people lie about it you have at least dated one person that was the primary example of what your parents are or used to date.

I remember walking into a restaurant one day, having dinner with an old friend of mine I used to work with. We were having a conversation about relationships. Around that time, I didn't understand why everyone wanted to talk to me about relationships. Him and a few other people I knew were dealing with their own individual relationships, but they always wanted to talk to the only single person in New Orleans about relationships.

It's crazy when you think about it, but I learned to deal with it. At this rate, I'mma have to start paying people for my services.

My friend was just dealing with break-up number five in the past year and it always ended up being the same conversation.

"Why do I always date my opposites?" he said. "Why don't I date someone who is like a reflection of me? I would be fine dating myself or someone who is just like me."

I immediately took that to thought. For some people, they end up dating different people in order to keep things interesting. If you dated yourself, you will know what is going to happen in the next ten minutes. That's not considered shocking. Some relationships require "The Element of Surprise." However, there are times when dating the opposite of you might not be a good thing. There are times when you can't be yourself because your opposite mate consider it a turnoff. Then things don't work out in the end and you're somewhere sobbing with your best friends at a restaurant where it's all about being happy and joyful.

When it comes to relationships should you date an opposite or reflection of yourself?

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin