Thursday, December 23, 2010

WTF!

Why are there so many emails in my inbox?


I remember when my life was so simple.  I used to get excited to receive a letter in the mail, that was the way we communicated.  These days, I can't go a day without my phone ringing, beeping or vibrating.  From the calls to the texts to the email notices, I just can't take it anymore!  I so badly need to take a break from all of the electronic and media devices.  They are driving me nuts!
Instead of traditional letters and phone calls, we rely on a mobile device.  They are cute, small and do just about anything we need them to.  I'm such a nerd.
While the constant contact is nerve wrecking, I will admit that if it wasn't for my MAC and my anDROID, I would be bored out of my mind.  There are people who literally get upset when I don't respond to their emails and texts in a "timely" fashion.  I have had to tell people that I'm not as attached to the device on my hip as they think.  When I was in high school, I learned how to type using the standard home row.  Now, I type with my thumbs... WTF?

Take time this weekend to connect with a friend in person.  Go to a movie and shut off your phone for 2 hours.  Enjoy people again!

Until next time...

Nathan Seven Scott



No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin