Thursday, September 23, 2010

It Is What It Is Pt. 12 by Karen Minors

I sat down at my desk and read the messages left from Malachi. The first one read ‘it was so nice to meet you today. I can’t wait to get together.’ Nice, I thought, but too personal to leave with my assistant. The second one was just a number to call. I took out the business card he gave me earlier. The numbers are different. What is that about? Is he being sneaky? I had to stop myself.
You’re doing it again, Maiya. Give the man a chance.
I laughed out loud.
I should just call the number.
          There was a knock at the door.
          “Come in.”
          “Good morning, Sunshine. Whatchu up to?” asked Milan.
          “Hey, girlfriend. Just about to make a phone call and maybe set up a date, but I’m not sure. I don’t wanna seem pressed.”
          “Okay, stop the press. Call who? Date? What’s going’ on?” inquired Milan.
          “I met a man after my workout this morning, and we exchanged numbers. Only problem is, I don’t know if I should call him or wait for him to call me again. Or should I not call him at all until after he calls me two more times, or …”
          “Wait, wait, wait!” Milan cut me off. “You need to chill out and stop reading all those books. Last month it was Brothers, Lust, and Love and now it’s He’s Just Not That into You. Maiya. Girl, slow your roll. Stop playing the games, okay. Carlos isn’t coming back and Joaquin you don’t wanna come back. And, ooh wee, who cares about what happened to crazy Derek. Cut the brotha some slack and call him. You’ll never know until you give it a chance.”

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin