Thursday, February 3, 2011

Charlene Davis says Pay Attention to the Red Flags!

Meet Charlene Davis, author of the hot new motivational book for women entitled: "Pay Attention to the Red Flags"


This interview is very personal and close to my heart as Ms. Davis is one of the very women in my life who changed my diapers.  I recently spoke with Charlene about her new book and here is what she had to say:


1.  Let's talk about your process.  When did you first know that you wanted to write a book I have known that I wanted to write a book since I was a young girl. The desire has been in my heart for years. Writing has always been a great way for me to express myself to others.

2.  How long did it take for you to release the final draft of your manuscript?
  It took me 5 years and 8 months to submit my first manuscript.



3.  Where did you write most of you book?  Did you have little private place to escape to when the world made too much noise?  I wrote most of my book in the privacy of my home. When I wanted to get outside of the home, I use to drive to the park,  sat in my van, and I wrote for hours.


4.  The book is hilarious.  There were moments when I actually laughed out loud.  What inspired some of the anecdotes and stories?  For years, I have listened to people with relationship issues. Plus, I have had my own personal experiences. I use to tell myself. "Charlene, you need to write a book about some of these experiences." Although some of the information is fiction, a lot of it is based on facts.


5.  How much of your book is true top life for you?  A small portion is true to life for me.   If I wrote all about myself, the book would have been 300 pages.


6.  Did you ever imagine in your lifetime that you would become a published author?  Yes, I always knew that I would be a published author. I believe in setting goals, finding a way to make it happen, and dream big or don't dream at all.


7.  You are telling women to pay attention to the red flags.  What was your most memorable red flag in your own life?  The most memorable red flag was when I called my ex-husband's job, and I was told that he was off for the day. However, he told me that he was going to work.
Here is an excerpt from the book:


How to Identify a Healthy Relationship
Healthy relationships are fun and make you feel good about yourself. We can have a healthy relationship with anyone in our life, including your family, friends, and dating partners. Relationships take time, energy, and care to make them healthy. The relationships that you make in your teen years will be a special part of your life and will teach you some of the most important lessons about who you actually are.


This guide will help you understand different kinds of relationships, what makes each relationship special, and how to communicate in a positive way. Communication and sharing are the most important parts of any healthy relationship between two people. By talking and listening to one another, you and the other person can figure out what your common interest are.


Respect and Trust: In healthy relationships, you learn to respect and trust important people in your life. You work through disagreements, and no one leaves the conversation mad and upset. You should feel safe around the other person and feel that you can trust each other with your secrets.


Tips:


Get to know a person by talking on the phone or at work before you go out with him for the first time.  Go out with friends to a public place or a restaurant the first few times.


Plan an activity, like going to the movies or picnic.


Be clear with the other person about what you feel comfortable doing.


Tell at least one family member where you are going, and who you will be with, and how to reach you.


You can purchase your own copy at www.amazon.com

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin