Friday, June 25, 2010

It Is What It Is Pt. 9 by Karen Minors

 
Derek was a homicide detective with the Metropolitan Police Department. He spent a lot of long nights at work. We met during my third year in college when I came home for winter break. He was in the police academy at the time, and once he graduated, there was more training. He was Hershey chocolate brown with dark eyes. We were together for two years, but there was too much BMD. Baby Momma Drama. After awhile, I just couldn’t take it. Between his ex-girlfriend with whom he had no children and his daughter’s mother, I was living a life of the Young and the Restless.
His ex would show up at his family’s functions, and Derek always made an excuse for her. I guess I should have left his ass alone when I discovered the condoms missing from the pack and her number on caller ID. She would show up at his apartment and just sit outside waiting for him to come home. He used me as a scapegoat, and like a fool, I always took him back. When he hit rock bottom with his finances and there was no way out, he called his ex to bail him out. I remember one week I saw her car at his place every day and the two of them leaving out together in the morning; I could no longer take it. I cut him off completely and blocked his number out of my phone.

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin