Thursday, May 20, 2010

It Is What It Is Pt. 5 by Karen Minors


Milan tested me later, asking “Don’t you want a man who could at least pray for you and with you if you were on your sick bed?” She had a point. And I prayed long and hard, and received the same answer that He gave me six months prior to us breaking up for good. I stayed home from work and moved out in one day. I left Joaquin a “Dear John” letter on the kitchen counter along with my set of house keys, and never looked back. 
So, here I am, single and successful in my career. I have goals that I still want to achieve, and even though I am no one’s wife, I know whatever God has for me, it is for me. I am no longer that complacent woman in search of her soul mate. When it happens for me, I will have to let go of the past and move on. I have accepted my singleness and am happy for once. My girlfriends are still trying to hook me up, and I am open to dating. I know that this time around, I will not settle for less than what I expect. He must first have a relationship with God. And he must treat me right!

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin