Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Arts.Advocacy+Wellness: "Reflecting on World AIDS Day"



Reflecting on World AIDS Day:
eradicating Stigmas and Healing





Yesterday, we observed World AIDS through live television broadcasting, rallies, candlelight vigils, town hall ceremonies, and online campaigns.



It's reported that 33 million people are living with HIV/AIDS, myself being one. I humbly say thank you to all who chanted silent prayers for me and others. Thank you to everyone who is walking strong in this journey towards ending this fight. Although I feel this fight may go on forever, I want to acknowledge the efforts in the many people helping to
eradicate the stigma and shame associated with this condition (not disease). I say condition proudly because disease, for me, is a dis-ease of my spirit. Disease attributes to a permanent state of immobility. Condition, on the other hand, is a temporary state of being, and can be shifted when we place our mind in a state of healing and wellness, transcending to a higher level of consciousness and inner bliss.


As we continue to find cures and use remedies (pharmaceutical and homeopathic medicine) in order to remain fervid and healthier in life, let's look at how the language we put into our bodies and minds can also heal us physically, emotionally, spiritually, and to a larger dynamic culturally and socially.





Lead with much light this week.

Cornelius LIFE Jones





Thanks for reading on this
A.A+Wsome Wednesday.
More to follow next Wednesday.
Now tune into Torya and Her Notes on Ubuntu
and for up to date information on my works and my journey with FlagBoy
follow me at: www.corneliusjonesjr.com or facebook: Cornelius Jones Jr.

2 comments:

Taylor Siluwe said...

Great post and reflection....

Unknown said...

I WISH EVERYDAY WAS WORLD AIDS DAY!!!

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin