Thursday, November 5, 2009

Me -N- My Gay Son with Lady D



1.  Do you think music can influence sexuality?  Hmmm, this is good question.  I think there is music with sexual under- and overtones, which can influence sexuality.   It is unfortunate that some music promotes promiscuity, degrades women and promotes crime and violence.

2.  We have had conversations about suicide.  How does it make you feel knowing that sexuality is the trigger for wanting to no longer be alive?   It really saddens me to think that because of one's sexuality, suicide would be the final out.  Not wanting to live any longer as a result of not being accepted, no one to talk to, no one to love you, seems so painful.  If we as a society would learn to mind our own business, we wouldn't have to concern ourselves with other people's sexuality.  God has the final say in ALL life and death.

3.  With what you know now, what would you have done differently in order to raise me to become a better man.  If I knew what I know now, I would have enrolled you into a mentoring program; especially after your father passed.  I would have pushed you to continue to get your college education. I think the urgent need for positive role models to mentor the youth is a must in this day and time.  It's not enough to have a man present in the household,  that man should have a positive and nurturing influence in your children's lives.

4.  Did you have gay friends growing up?  I may have had some and didn't know.

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin