Thursday, July 2, 2009

Flagboy goes to DC


Our very own Cornelius Jones, Jr. will be performing his one man show FLAGBOY in Washington, D.C., this July. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS.

We caught up with Cornelius to talk with him about his upcoming tour hitting the city where elements of the play were birthed. Here is what he told us:

1. How are you feeling about putting your show up in DC? I'm feeling a bit nervous and excited. Nervous because I'm here in NYC doing all my preperations and I don't have an actual hands on with the DC community, however, I'm excited about the anticipation of the DC premiere, the crowd, then venue, the festival as a whole.


2. What are you most looking forward to? I'm most looking forward to connecting with a new audience of theater goers and non-theater goers in DC, and experiencing DC's Captial Fringe Festival. I'm also really excited about reconnecting with old friends from high school, some whom I haven't seen in over 13 years...yeah DC is my old stopping ground...I went to high school there.

3. Are you excited about playing to another sold out audience? Of course I am. That's a huge accomplishment and says a lot about my work as an individual and an artist.

4. What are the top 5 songs in your ipod right now? The songs that I'm listening to at the moment are: Bilal - "Hollywood", Banda Eva - "Nao Precisa Mudar", Regina Spektor - "Fidelity", India Arie - "Chocolate High", Jamie Foxx - "Blame It"

5. Michael Jackson OR Elvis Presley? MICHAEL - please let him rest in peace.

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin