Saturday, July 23, 2011

Does Friends With Benefits Truly Work?



I am one of those romantic comedy fans that can't wait to go see the romantic comedy "Friends With Benefits," starring Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis. While others are going to see "Captain America: The First Avenger" I will be going to see this romantic comedy. I have seen too many superhero movies. It's time to take a break.

With the release of this movie and saying the title so many times, it brought up a big conversation in my head. I have met a couple of people that tried to be friends with benefits. I tried it at least twice in my life. I was having a conversation with an old friend about his recent break-up. He wasn't sad that he didn't have a boyfriend anymore. He was more upset that he temporarily had to say goodbye to sex.

"I need a beneficial friend," he said.

Me and him were the only two people walking together while on our way to Whole Foods. Knowing that I still cared for my friend and I hated to see him sad, I quickly volunteered my services. These were teenagers years people. I'm not the only one that did a bunch of insane things when I was a teenager.

Suddenly, I am getting a phone call the next day saying he doesn't want to be my beneficial friend. Of course, it was the obvious answer. He knew that if we decided to get intimate like that, he would get emotionally attached, and everything will be ruined.

Fast forward two years. I had a beneficial friend for two months. It ended just the way we ended. We had sex without getting emotionally attached. Whenever either of us are done with each other, we cut off our connections and move on with our lives. When it comes to being friends with benefits that worked out just as planned.

Now that "Friends With Benefits" is coming out I can't help but wonder. When it comes to friendships, does friends with benefits truly work?


No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin