Friday, August 26, 2011

Sam Fine + Fashion Fair. What Are Your Thoughts? Like this article? Read the full story: Sam Fine + Fashion Fair. What Are Your Thoughts? | Afrobella



Makeup lovers have been buzzing this week over the big news — venerable cosmetics brand Fashion Fair has hired legendary makeup artist Sam Fine to be their creative makeup director.

Photo above and info below via WWD:

“Fashion Fair Cosmetics has appointed celebrity makeup artist Sam Fine as its creative makeup director. The Chicago-based prestige cosmetics brand for women of color is tapping Fine, a 20-year industry veteran, to bring his experience with the fashion editorial world, global beauty brands and celebrities to Fashion Fair’s consumers. Fine will also advise on the creation of new products and, in 2012, Fashion Fair will unveil Sam Fine for Fashion Fair trend collections.”

I literally gasped and clutched at pearls I wasn’t even wearing when I read the news. Fresh life hs been brought to the Fashion Fair brand and I’m truly excited to see what this brings. I hope this brings big, exciting change for Fashion Fair, for the beauty scene in Chicago, and for we, the consumers.

I hope that Sam truly gets to execute his vision as he sees it, because I KNOW whatever it is, it’s an awesome vision. I’m psyched to see some true innovation coming from a brand that has been a favorite in my family through the generations.

When I think Fashion Fair, I think of classic cosmetics. Those beautiful vintage ads. Pink marbled packaging. Vantex. I also think of a very finite range of colors in terms of eye and lip cosmetics. So I hope this means Fashion Fair steps up and truly becomes a brand that younger women of color can look to as a trendsetter at the department store counters.

I hope to see the brand stepping away from the traditional coppers and browns and bronzes and moving towards some truly HOT new shades of eye and lip colors. I’m hoping to see lighter blends of foundation in a wider range of shades. I’m expecting awesomeness. And I am SUPER excited for Sam, because he is just all around a great guy.

What do you think, bellas? What do you hope to see from the new Sam Fine for Fashion Fair collections?



Like this article? Read the full story: Sam Fine + Fashion Fair. What Are Your Thoughts?

No comments:

THEFUTUREFORWARD.NET HEADLINES

The FUTURE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin